A NEW EPOCH - POSTCARD EXHIBITION CALLOUT
What does 'a new epoch' mean to you? What do you hope to see in the future?
Do you love to draw, paint, write, collage, photograph, sculpt or express yourself? Are you interested in participating in the A New Epoch postcard exhibition which will be held in the Waterside Pavilion in December 2023?
This exhibition is part of a series of community activities in public spaces that provide an opportunity to explore the notion of 'Epoch’ complementing the Hobart Current exhibition from November 2023 to February 2024.
Creative Director of Hobart Current, Chris Twite, has provided ‘epoch’ as a provocation to ten artists as part of the Hobart Current exhibition in November 2023.
"As we step forth into 2023, one thing is certain, we know that it is a doorway and through it lies a new epoch. A new era that will define us for another generation.
I want to encourage artists to look as much to the world as to themselves and their neighbours, to examine their stories and to spark conversations about who we have been and who we will become in this next great era."
We would now like to extend the invitation to you, the Hobart community, and capture your creativity inspired by this theme. All artworks will be applied to an A5 postcard template.
Epoch Postcard Pack
Epoch Postcard Exhibition Instructions and Guidelines
- Use the front of the postcard to creatively express your vision for Epoch - what do you hope to see in the future? You can write, draw, sculpt, photograph, paint etc.
- Use the back of the postcard to write a short description of your vision for a new Epoch, it can be prose, poetry…..
- Once your artwork is complete, fill out the entry form provided in the Epoch postcard pack and submit it with your artwork which can be dropped off at the reception desk’s of Hobart Town Hall, TMAG, Mathers House and/or Youth ARC.
- There will be prizes for People’s Choice, Judge’s Choice, Youth (13 to 18yrs) and Kids (5 to 12yrs) categories.
- If you would like to receive an Epoch postcard pack or would like more information, please contact Sue Hayes on 03 6238 2823 or email email@example.com.
When: 6 to 9 December 2023
Where: Waterside Pavilion, Mawson Place, Hobart
Submission deadline: All entries must be submitted by 5 pm Friday 10 November 2023.